As with all teeth straightening treatments, the purpose of Incognito braces is to move the teeth into a more desirable alignment, delivering a straighter smile and making it easier to eat and clean the teeth. What is a little different about Incognito braces, however, is that rather than sitting on the front of the teeth like most other braces, they actually sit behind the teeth, making them an attractive proposition for adults who are looking to straighten their smile with minimal fuss or attention.
Let’s look a little more at the technology behind incognito lingual braces and why they might be a good option for you.
What are Incognito Braces?
Incognito braces are a type of lingual brace system, made up of brackets and arch wires but rather than sitting on the very visible surfaces at the front of your teeth, they instead rest behind the teeth. Often called hidden braces due to their discreet nature, these lingual braces are completely bespoke to each individual and are customised to fit your teeth and smile.
The system of brackets and wires exerts continuous pressure on the teeth, to gradually move them into a more desirable position, thus closing gaps and resolving problems with overcrowding or rotated teeth.
Who are Incognito Lingual Braces Suitable For?
As lingual braces are bonded to the back of the teeth, they offer a very discreet solution for straightening teeth and are thus suitable for anyone who doesn’t want their treatment to be visible. Those in forward facing roles such as customer service, public speaking and front of house might prefer this kind of treatment as it is not as visible as traditional metal braces or aligners.
Incognito lingual braces are also suitable for correcting misalignments that are more severe than those which can be addressed by invisible aligners. So, there is no need to worry if alingers are not for you and you were looking for a discreet solution as lingual braces just might be the most invisible treatment of all!
What are the Advantages of Lingual Braces?
Whilst they are a little more expensive than other treatments, Lingual braces such as Incognito braces use complex technology and can deliver fast and effective results. Just a few of the advantages you might like to consider are:
- Fast results
- Virtually invisible braces
- Less likely to lead to tooth decay than traditional braces
- Any discolouration due to braces wear will be at the back of the teeth where it is not visible
- More effective at correcting complex movements such as rotations, closing gaps and changing the height of teeth
What You Need to Know
Before considering whether this is the right teeth straightening treatment for you, it is worth knowing the facts, so here are a few more things you might like to know about Incognito braces:
- You may experience a little discomfort initially
- You will need to practice good oral hygiene when wearing these braces as food can become easily trapped
- You should avoid sticky, hard or sugary foods
- If you play sports you should wear a mouthguard
- You should visit your dentist regularly throughout your treatment to keep your teeth and gums in great shape and to ensure the best results from your treatment
Find Out More About Incognito Braces at Marsh House
If you are considering your options for straighter teeth and want to find out more about Incognito braces or the other alternatives available to you please book an appointment to see our orthodontic team. Click here to send us a message or call our practice on 020 8646 6200.